Lego is not just a toy for kids, but a way of life for some celebrities as well.
It turns out that some of our favorite stars love to get creative and build with Lego bricks! As a lifelong Lego fan and muscle car enthusiast Mike Savage of New Canaan, CT likes keeping track of who the A-list players are from the world of celebrities.
From creating Lord of the Rings replicas to massive Star Wars spaceships, here are some famous faces who have discovered their inner builder through Lego.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson may be an action movie star, but he also has a soft spot for Lego sets. He’s built everything from dinosaurs to Harry Potter models in his spare time — and even gifted special sets to fellow celebs like Kevin Hart on their birthdays.
Singer Taylor Swift loves building up her own little universe with Legos — and she hasn’t been shy about it either. She often posts photos of her Lego creations to Instagram, and has even turned them into props for her music videos!
Actor Tom Hanks is an avid Lego builder too! He’s been known to visit toy stores around the world in search of his favorite bricks, which he then uses to build everything from sports stadiums to full-sized boats. Other famous folks with a devoted Lego following include:
- David Beckham
- Britney Spears
- Daniel Radcliff
- Anna Kendrick
- Myles Turner
For Turner, a center for the Indiana Pacers, his Lego obsession grew to commissioning a 100,000 piece Lego statue of himself posing as Darth Vader.
The Wall Street Journal recently wrote about the art of the little plastic bricks.
Lego isn’t just a hobby for these superstars — it’s a passion! So the next time you’re looking for a creative outlet, why not try building something with your own set of bricks? You never know who might be joining you in Legoland.
How to Build Lego Models
It’s easy to get started in the wonderful world of Lego building.
1. Gather the pieces for your model
2. Sort the pieces according to color and shape
3. Look at the instructions booklet to get an idea of how the model should look like when it’s finished
4. Start building one section at a time, following the instructions
5. Assemble each piece together until you have built the entire model
6. Enjoy your masterpiece!
7. Take pictures and share with friends and family to show off your work of art!
8. If you ever want to start over, simply take apart your model and begin again! Lego sets are meant to be taken apart and re-used in new ways — so don’t be afraid to experiment with different builds!
What Are the Most Popular Lego Kits?
1. The Lego Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series is one of the most popular and sought-after kits around due to its complexity and detailed builds.
2. The Hogwarts Castle set from the Harry Potter series is a favorite among fans of the franchise, as it recreates the iconic castle in stunning detail!
3. The Lego Architecture Skyline Collection captures some of the world’s most iconic skylines in miniature form, including those of New York City, London, Paris and Tokyo!
4. The LEGO Technic sets provide builders with an array of complex mechanical models to create — from 4×4 off-roaders to remote control helicopters!
5. For those who are looking for something a bit more traditional, the Lego Creator sets are perfect. These kits offer builders a wide range of smaller building models that come together to create one larger model!
No matter which set you choose, there’s something for everyone in the world of Lego.
Where Can I Buy Lego Kits?
Everywhere, it seems!
Not just in toy stores or online, but even celebrities seem to be getting in on the Lego building craze.
From Billie Eilish creating custom figures of herself and her brother to Alicia Keys crafting a tiny version of her piano for her son, there is no denying that some of our favorite stars are enjoying the challenge – and satisfaction – of Lego building.
Meanwhile, David Beckham has revealed his impressive collection of Star Wars-themed Lego sets while Neil Patrick Harris’s obsession with the hobby has been documented throughout his social media posts. It looks like creative expression through Legos may become the next big celebrity trend.
So if you’re ready to join the ranks of celebrity Lego builders, the only question left is: where can I buy Lego kits?
With such a wide variety of sets and options, chances are there is something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a classic set or something more custom made, online retailers like Amazon have plenty of options for any level of builder. You can also find your perfect kit at local toy stores or even larger department stores.
No matter which route you choose, make sure to get started on your next masterpiece. Who knows – maybe one day we will all be able to share our amazing creations with some famous friends.
Happy building from Michael Savage in New Canaan, CT!
About Mike Savage, New Canaan, CT Resident
Michael Savage of New Canaan is the CEO and sole shareholder of 1-800 Accountant, a virtual accounting firm that is redefining small business accounting services through innovative technology. Mr. Savage is responsible for detailing the company’s vision and strategy. Mike was a 2018 recipient of the Glassdoor Top CEOS award. In his spare time, Mike Savage in New Canaan collects game-worn Air Jordan sneakers and high-end art. He also maintains a Honduras relief foundation with his wife Sandra called the Savage Rivera Foundation.